The preliminary algorithm structure, represented in the figure above, has defined:
- the functional elements that make the core EGE algorithms;
- how these algorithms interact with other external elements;
- the content of the data flows exchanged between them;
- the traceability of the user requirements onto the EGE elements.
In parallel, also the safety analysis of the algorithms has been elaborated, as these are critical components for the intelligent vehicles.
The preliminary algorithm architecture is the first of three intermediate steps bringing the project to the Preliminary Design Review; the incoming ones are:
- the preliminary hardware architecture, and
- the preliminary software architecture.